We are pleased to offer assistance in the collection of Social Security Benefits. Rest assured that we will guide you through the entire process of working to gain any benefits that may be available.
The information below may help you better understand what types of information we may need and provide answers to some common questions.
The deceased worker must have credit for work covered by Social Security, ranging from 1-1/2 to 10 years depending on his or her age at death. Those who may receive monthly benefits are:
- A widow or widower age 60 (50 if disabled) or older or at any age if caring for an entitled child who is under 16 or disabled
- A divorced widow or widower age 60 (50 if disabled) or older if the marriage lasted 10 years or if caring for an entitled child who is under 16 or disabled
- Unmarried children up to 18 (19 if they are attending a primary or secondary school full-time)
- Children who were disabled before reaching 22, as long as they remained disabled
- Dependent parent or parents 62 or older
Lump-Sum Death Payment
A one-time payment of $255 is paid in addition to the monthly cash benefits described above. The lump-sum death payment (LSDP) is paid in the following priority order:
- A surviving spouse who lived in the same household as the deceased person at the time of death
- A surviving spouse eligible for or entitled to benefits for the month of death
- A child or children eligible for or entitled to benefits for the month of death
We hope this information was helpful to you. Part of our service to you at the time of death, will be assisting you in ensuring you receive all of the benefits available to you.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Thank you to Spencer and his team. They managed a very tough life event for my family with comfort, care, and patience. Their attention to every detail was excellent. They thought of things or took care of things our family had not even considered.
The day of the service Spencer and his team were professional and anticipated every need my family had. They take care of families at a very emotional time in their life and I would not have anyone else by your side but Skorupski. Thank you for the 5 star service.